Saturday, July 11, 2009

No Really, It's Okay...I Have Time!

This story comes to us via a friend of mine, who I will otherwise refer to as Silver Stripes. I just want to thank her for being the first to contribute to this site, other than myself. (I do not count, as I run the site. That would just be cheating.)

I shall have to bake her cookies and send them out to her. Just know, Silver Stripes, that I would send them through the computer screen, but somehow I don't think that's going to work. *Sigh* You can modernize technology all you want, but until baked goods can be sent through e-mail, I will remained impressed but disappointed.

We were leaving my cousin's party and approaching a stoplight when we saw the guy in the car in front of us waving frantically. This is normal enough right? Well then my mom realizes it's a friend of the family who did all the lighting work when we were building our house. Everything's still fine and fairly sane. However, after we both turn the same direction and approach the next stoplight. He's turning left and we're going right. His passenger window is already down, so what does my mom do? She rolls down her window and STARTS A FREAKING CONVERSATION WITH HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AT THE STOPLIGHT. We find out we should be getting an invite to his wedding soon and he wants to come over and put up some kind of light. This is all well and good information, but isn't it better suited for the phone, standing somewhere, or basically ANYWHERE except in the middle of traffic? While I found the whole situation amusing, I was also pretty embarrassed. I mean she hardly noticed when the light changed.

Oh, Silver Stripes, I have to side with you on this one. This conversation definitely could have waited until a phone was readily available, even if it was for a wedding invite. (I am a HUGE fan of weddings, so I can understand the sentiment of excitement. Other traffic; not so much.) Isn't this just one of those times where you want to hide, frightened and embarrassed on the floor of the car? Parents these days. What shall we do with them? Still, I'm amused and give it a ten! Thank you for sharing!

And remember everyone, you too can tell about your traffic blunder right here on this site! All you have to do is contact me and I will post your story. Here's how:

E-mail me at RubyTwilight@verizon.net
Make sure the subject reads "It's Traffic Time."
If you would like your name and/or a link back to your very own website included in the post, please state that in the e-mail.
If you would also be so kind, please include your state. I'm not asking for a city, area, county, etc. Just the state. It will make it easier for me to tag and organize the blogs as we go.

And remember, I claim no copyrights to any of your stories, but by sending them to me, you are giving me permission to post them on the site, as well as use them to promote the sight. Because if no one's coming to the site, no one is reading your story anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment