Friday, July 10, 2009

Stop, Listen and Collaborate!

Hey everyone! My name is Amy and I will be your driver through this wild journey of traffic blunders, mishaps, drivers you want to smack and just plain stupid stories from life on the road.

It's no secret that we all have stories about our daily journeys through highways, byways, back road and dirt roads. Wherever you go, there are no shortages of bad drivers. Of this I am absolutely sure. Whether it be rush hour, or the swift hour of three am. Be it a perfectly sunny day, or the rainiest, slushiest day that Mother Nature has ever created. There is sure to be someone on the road who should have never been given a license to walk, far more drive.

So join in with me in sharing your stories, because we all know that no matter how hard you try to steer clear of stupid, it seems to catch up with us all eventually. Sometimes you want to laugh, sometimes you want to cry, but most of the time you want to rip your hair out while screaming swear words at offending drivers. Unfortunately, most of the sentiment goes unheard.

This is the place where you can share your stories of the weird, stupid and just plain frustrating tales of the open road. If you are interested in contributing to the blog, please e-mail your story to RubyTwilight@verizon.net. Please make sure the subject line reads "It's Traffic Time." If you could, also include your state. You don't have to put your city, county, general area, etc. (I don't want to stalk you, I promise.) The only reason I am asking for the state is so that I am able to organize the tags better as we go along on this journey. I don't know how well this blog is going to do, but hopefully I'll be able to keep it up and running with help from all of you.

Rest assured knowing that your stories are yours and yours alone. I claim absolutely no copyright to any stories that you wish to share. This is just your place to vent along with the rest of the world. You are, however, giving me permission to post your story on this site. Also know that I may change some wording so that it flows better, or to correct grammatical errors and the like. However, I will NOT change your story. I will also not post your name unless you wish for me to do so. If you do, please include your first name, and if you'd like, a link to a place where people can read about your own daily life, or just get to know you a little bit better. Furthermore, if I ever decide that I would like to use these stories for other endeavors, I will make sure to get your written permission in an e-mail form before doing so. Please do not be upset if I do use your material to promote the site. Again, the stories are still your stories, copyright belonging to you and you alone, but if no one is coming to the site, no one will read your story. Promotion is important here, folks. Any questions, feel free to ask. If I don't get back to you right away, please do not be offended. For more information as to why, please visit here. I promise that I will eventually get back to you, though. If I don't, I give you permission to make faces at me through your computer screen. I promise you, I will know that you are doing it and be offended. Cool?

Next to last of all, if you would like to learn more about me before submitting anything, please head on over to my main blog, Ruby Red Hearts. I'll admit, it often goes several days without getting updated, but no update is better than a really crappy one. What I'm saying is that quality kicks quantities butt. Between my mass amount of doctors appointments, procedures, everyday life and plugging along steadily on my first novel, I don't always have time to update, but I promise that I try my very best to update as often as humanly possible. If this statement is untrue, please let lightening strike me the opposite of alive.

See? Still here. I told you I wasn't lying.

In closing, please give me a few days to get the site up, running and content in the new life it has found. I will do my best to organize things so you can easily navigate the traffic wrecks. (No pun intended.) I have OCD, so sometimes I over organize. If I do that, feel free to tell me about it. If I don't listen or it gets worse, feel free to yell at me using mildly offensive words and lots of spunk. I'll get the hint, and if I don't get the hint, I'll explain to you why the hint was not taken.

Now, sit back, relax, turn the radio to your favorite station and jam out until your heart is content. But remember, the stop signs with the white lines around them are not optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment